Why do parents choose to circumcise their sons?
- It reduces the risk of urinary tract infection.
- It reduces the risk of penile infection also called balanoposthitis.
- It eliminates the need to do it later in life (6% of boys will require a circumcision because of various problems. When circumcision it is done later in life, it is a more costly, more painful, difficult, and riskier procedure requiring a general anesthetic).
- It reduces the risk of getting some sexually transmitted diseases including Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and AIDS (HIV).
- It reduces the risk of penile cancer and cervical cancer in partners.
- Circumcised men have less risk of sexual dysfunction later in life.
Why do parents choose not to circumcise their sons?
- They are concerned that they may be doing a procedure on an otherwise healthy baby that may cause pain or complications.
- They wonder whether their child will wish that he had not been circumcised at a later time.
- They are unsure of the medical reasons in favor of a circumcision.
Why do so many doctors recommend the Dr.Lohlun Clinic for patients choosing circumcision?
- Dr.Lohlun offers a procedure that takes under 30 seconds (10 times quicker than most hospital circumcisions).
- We use extensive pain control methods including Tylenole, a sugar solution (to reduce pain perceptions), a topical freezing cream, and a local anesthetic injection.
- Our technique has low complication rates.
- No hospital administration fees are charged.
- Quickly done in-clinic set up.